APPLICATION CALLING FOR THE "AU FIL DES VOIX"
12TH EDITION IS CLOSED !
Presentation of the event
The 12th edition of the Festival « Au fil des Voix » will take place from February 04th to 16th 2019 in Paris.
The Festival aims to provide a performance space for high-level artists supported by labels, producers and booking agents.
The performances take the form of showcases as numerous World Music professionals are present: in january 2017, around eighty programmers and more than 125 journalists attended the Festival.
The Festival enthusiastically promotes the new repertoires of World Music artists who have released an album in the 12-months preceding the Festival.
The principle of pooled resources allows the various partners (labels, producers and booking agents) to provide a Paris production at a low cost in terms of organisation and professional promotion.
How the Festival works
- Until 2 concerts per night
- Shows areselected based onartistic proposalsrelated toarecent new album (released between March 2018 and January 2019)
- The Artists are selected by the Programming committee of the « Au Fil des Voix » The Artistic Director is Saïd Assadi.
- If your Artist is selected, the label or the booker is expected to make a contribution towards promotion and poster campaign costs of 1000 € HT and to work in synergy with The Festival to optimise results.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATIONS TO THE AU FIL DES VOIX FESTIVAL 2019 IN PARIS
I. Commitment of the festival
1- Festival Management
- Venue rental including technicians and back-line
- Musician’s fees: 250 € per musician (before French taxes) = approximately 200 € net transferred to each musician’s bank account.
- Hotel for non Parisian-artists: One night hotel + per diem (dinner the night of the show). The fees are regulated by the French convention on live performing arts.
- National transportation, only for artists living in France
- local transportation (in Paris) for artists living abroad (see detailed conditions)
- Management of the CD sales: The Festival can sell the last released CD during all the Festival (CDs are directly ordered by the Festival from distributors or labels). CD sales by the festival is part of the festival economy.
2- Communication and Promotion
- Download here the communication plan
- Concert Promotion (Metro posters, Posters in key spots in Paris : “JCDecaux spots (Official City Poster locations)”, Posters in appropriate record stores etc, programmes and flyers…)
- Partners of the Festival since 2008: Télérama, FIP, Les Inrockuptibles, Arteconcert, Mezzo, Que Tal Paris ?, Concertlive, Qobuz, FNAC …
- Download here the press review from last edition
- A specific press review will be given to each label and producer at the end of the Festival.
- Media Promotion is taken care of by the publicist of the Festival (Accent-Presse), in collaboration with the artist’s French publicist.
3- Professionals (journalists and programmers)
- Presence of music industry professionals (Festival programmers, journalists…) to create the best possible visibility for the artists. The Festival gives 40 invitations per evening to professionals and journalists
- The Festival will give each label and production the list of programmers attending the show of their artist.
II. Commitment of labels, booking agents and producers
1- Artistic programming
- Not to book the artists in PARIS and surrounding French « departments » (Haut de Seine – 92; Seine Saint Denis – 93; Val de Marne – 94) for the 3 MONTHS preceding the Festival and 2 MONTHS after the Festival
- A participation of 1 000€ HT per group. Payment is due upon receipt of the invoice.
2 – Communication
- To work together with the Festival for the best possible promotion of the concert.
- To facilitate the communication between the Artist’s Press Officer/promotion manager & the Press Officer / communication manager of the Festival.
- To facilitate the availability of the Artists for promotion.
3- Information to supply
- Complete technical rider of the show. Any updates to the rider should be sent to the Festival at least 1 month before it starts.
- 2 HD pictures, copyright-free video links and recent audio files, presentation text of the artist’s project. Also, at least 3 titles in MP3 format are required.
- To supply the guest list 24h before the show of the artist, within the limits of the number of allocated places.
- To accept that the Festival may send the list of professionals interested and attending the show to the labels and productions of both artists. Click Here to complete the application forms
III. Processing of applications
- Applications are studied from their arrival order.
- The programmation comittee will meet once a month in april, may and june.
- If you have any question, please check our F.A.Q
Tour managers and labels, they worked with us ...
ACCESCONCERT, AZIMUTH PRODUCTION, ASPHALT TANGO, ASSOCIATION ANDALOUSE ALHAMBRA, ATEA PRODUCTION, ATHOS PRODUCTIONS, ATMOLIVE, ATMOSPHÉRIQUES, AUGURY PRODUCTIONS, AWZ RECORDS, AZTEC MUSIC, ACCORDS CROISES, BLUE FANAL, BLUE LINE PRODUCTIONS, BOREALIS, BUDA MUSIQUE, CANTOS MUSIC, CARA NOVA EDITORA, CARAMBA SPECTACLE, CASA VERDE PRODUCTIONS, CHANTS DU MONDE, CINQ PLANÈTES, COBALT, COMPAGNIE YEMAYA, CONTRE-JOUR, COOP BREIZH, CRAMMED DISCS, CREDO, CRÉPUSCULE PRODUCTIONS, CRISTAL RECORDS, DAKTARI, DAQUI, DEDA, DIRRERENCE, EGT, EKLELTIK, EN MÊME TEMPS, ENJA, F2F MUSIC, FAR PRODUCTION, GALILÉO, GENERAL PATTERN, GIBRALTAR PROD, GINGER SOUNDS, GIRO MUSIC, GRASS ROOTS RECORDS, GREEN UNITED MUSIC, HARMONIA MUNDI, HELICO, HONEST JONES RECORDS, IC MUSIC, INNACOR RECORD, JAZZ MUSIC PRODUCTION, KASBA, KAZUM, KELTIA MUSIQUE, KWAIDAN, LABEL HEAVENLY SWEETNESS, LA CIE DU LAMPARO, LA LUNE DANS LES PIEDS, LAMASTROCK, LE CHANT DU MONDE, LE ROSEAU, LES GRANDS FLEUVES, LES VISITEURS DU SOIR, LUSAFRICA, MA CASE, MAD MINUTE MUSIC, MARABI PRODUCTION, MCE PRODUCTIONS, MOLPÉ MUSIC, MON SLIP, MUNDO RECORDS, MURAILLES MUSIC, MUSIC DEVELOPMENT COMPANY, NEMO MUSIC, NOMAD CAFÉ, NOMADES KULTURE, NUEVA ONDA RECORDS, OCARA RADIO FRANCE, OHRWURM RECORDS, PBOX, PHONOMATIK LAB, PONDEROSA, REAL WORLD, RISING BIRD MUSIC, RUELA MUSIC, SIRVENTES, SNAIL RECORDS, SOUND SURVEYOR, STERNS, SUNDET FRANCE, TD PRODUCTIONS, TIERRADENTRO PRODUCTION, UNIVERSAL JAZZ, UNIVERSAL MUSIC CLASSIC, UN PLAN SIMPLE, VIRGIN CLASSIC, VO MUSIC, VOX POPULI, WARNER MUSIC, WASHI WASHA, W.E.R.F RECORDS, WORLD CONNECTION, WORLD VILLAGE, ZAMORA, ZEPHYRUS RECORDS, 10H10 CRISTAL RECORDS...